Monday, October 11, 2010

Actual Finished Objects

You may recall that before I went to Wisconsin I had a goal of finally finished my poor languishing February Lady Sweater. I dug it out, refreshed myself with the pattern and got to work. I had finished one sleeve and had the second to do plus finishing the body. My goal was to make it as long as possible with the amount of yarn I had.

I did manage to finish it, in the van on the way to Wisconsin. Nobody said I had to have it done before I left right?
I made the sleeves about elbow length, maybe a tiny bit more:

and made a tab so they would have a little interest.

Here it is still unblocked and without buttons. I'm not quite sure if I will add buttons or not. I'm not sure I can actually see myself buttoning it up. I also changed my mind and didn't make it as long as possible. I was pretty sick of the pattern. (Simple enough to memorize, easy enough to drive you crazy.) and I thought the length looked really good so I started the edging.

This picture has the most accurate color.

I really don't like it but hubby took it and I promised I would post it. Please be kind.

I also realized that I never took pictures and posted them of my completed Bombadil Tam that I was lucky enough to test-knit.

Here is the beautiful colorwork.



A closeup of the twisted stitches.


The final product in all its glory. I absolutely love it. If you have the chance, Knit this hat!

I found the 3-color colorwork challenging but not overly so an the twisted stitches were also a challenge but well worth the work they took!

With these beautiful projects off the needles you may be asking what's on them.

At least pretend that's what you're asking.
This is the September Merino of the Month club Braid of fiber from Gritty Knits.

I spun it and 3-plied it into a beautiful sock yarn. I loved it so much that I couldn't resist. I wound it up and started knitting. I decided a good old plain sock would be the best to show off the gorgeous colors in this yarn.

It may be going pretty well.

As a matter of fact, it's going so well that WoolPrincess (Ravelry name) is trying to convince me that she needs these for Christmas.
What do you think, is she handspun worthy?

We'll talk about what else is on my needles another day.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

The sweater is lovely! Do you not like the sweater or the picture? The tam looks very nice, too. Way to go! Lots accomplished.