Friday, April 06, 2018

Carrot Patch Brownies

I'm trying to make more time for my knitting as it seems to be what's keeping me sane at the moment. Everything is in fits and starts though. Usually when I do have time to knit, it's just a round or two and then I have 11,000 things I have to go and do. But progress is progress and that helps my sanity immensely.
Since I keep having to pick up and put down my knitting, I have been sticking almost exclusively with my simple stockinette purse sock. It's at an awkward place right now so I will wait and share it next week and instead share the fun little dessert I made for Easter.
I saw it online somewhere and I thought it would be SO CUTE! I think it turned out well and I was happy with it.
I made a pan of brownies and removed them from the pan (thanks to parchment paper underneath them). Then, I frosted them with chocolate frosting and pressed crushed animal crackers onto the frosting to look like dirt.
Finally, I dipped strawberries in white almond bark tinted orange so they would look like carrots. I even tried to drizzle lines across them so they would look more like carrots. Then added them to the "carrot patch" and put some mini Cadbury eggs so it would like they an egg hunt in the carrot patch. 
I especially wanted to share this with my niece because I thought she would get a kick out of them.
She did. I'm happy with how they turned out and they stayed nice and fudgey too. Which is perfect for a brownie in my opinion. This was all gluten free as well. And delicious!
I used the Aldi chocolate baking mix as directed for brownies (with oil not butter) and milk chocolate frosting in the store brand from CashWise/Coborn's. Then I used Kinnick kinnick chocolate animal cookies to crush for the "dirt."

No comments: