Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Wolkig on the Needles

Sometimes a new project is just the thing to get you out of a knitting funk. Well, I decided that was just what I was going to do and a beautiful skein of yarn lying around with my stash happened to catch my eye.

It's a beautiful skein of Ella Rae Lace Merino. I realized I  hadn't uploaded it into my Ravelry stash yet so I did that first. That's something I'm trying so hard to keep updated and this was purchased in 2015 so that's pretty sad. Then, I wound it into a beautiful cake.

I just love how the colors look together and working with it reminded me why I love this yarn so much! It's round and bouncy and beautiful.
I decided to cast on Wolkig by Martina Behm. When I first saw the pattern I wasn't immediately called to it but seeing one in person at Knit Night that a friend was knitting convinced me.
So I cast on and got going. I knit what felt like a ton of rounds on it and it still didn't look like much.

Just a loop. But if I straightened it out, you could start to see how it was shaping up.

I think the way it curls really hides the amount of work you've put into it. Add that to the fact that the simple pattern is repeated 4 times around and it makes you feel like you've knit much more than you actually have.
I decided I wanted to make some serious progress on it so I sat down and really worked on it. Then it looked like this.

Now you can really see what's happening with it. Of course, after this I dropped a stitch and because of where it was and how far it went down, I couldn't get it picked back up and I had to take it off the needle and pull out about 5 rounds to get it back to a point where I could pick up the stitch. Super annoying but I've got it on again and I'm going again.
The pattern is really fun. I love how simple it is so you don't have to think about it too much but yet it isn't so simple that you get bored either. I hope I still feel that way in 100 yards.

No comments: