Wednesday, November 01, 2006

No Time to Chat, Writing

Hey, did you know that it's National Novel Writing Month?
http://www.nanowrimo.org/
That's right, sign up and you, too can attempt to drive yourself crazy while trying to churn out 50,000 words in the month of November. I am trying. This may cut into knitting time. Is this wise to do with Christmas getting so close? I don't know, but I had to try it. Hopefully what I will have by my birthday (which is November 30, by the way, is a sad little novel that's in dire need of editing. That's the goal at least.
Remember the sweater. The one that is supposed to get sleeves? There's been a bit of a bump in the road. It no longer has a sleeve started. See, the directions say to cast on for the cuff and knit a few inches in ribbing, I did that. Then it says to increase over a few rows to the amount you need for the sleeve. I did that. I think it's too much of an increase. It looked like a mushroom. I'm gonna gradually increase instead. It'll be better. You'll see.

No comments: