Friday, November 16, 2018

Bookworming, It's a Thing

I've really fallen back in love with reading this year. I set a goal to read 12 books last year on goodreads and I barely made it. So, the one goal I have stuck with this year is to read more. I set my reading goal at 18 books and I have blown it out of the water. I'm currently at 33 books and I have no intention of stopping now. I've really gone back to my book worm habits this year and I am loving it.
I'm loving the escapism and I love listening to audio books when I'm doing other things, which is helping me to really move through the books. Just like with my spinning, even a few minutes here and there can add up.
I just started Fawkes by Nadine Brandes because I joined a book club! I've always wanted to be in a book club and have never found one but this one seems perfect. It's online so I don't even have to get out of the house to attend. The creators chose this month's book but we will get to vote on next month's book.
The November book is Fawkes and even though I'm a bit late, I joined last night and started the book. I like it so far and I can't wait to get farther into it and see where it goes. So far, I've only purchased ebooks this year (and tried to read books I already own) and I like that they're easier to store. Plus, I love the whispersync. If you don't know what that is, when you own the ebook and the audiobook you can read and listen at the same time. Then you can stop listening and just read if you wish (I tend to do this if I get to an exciting part because I read faster and get annoyed that the audiobook is too slow) or just listen. Like I said, I enjoy both and I love being able to go back and forth.
I know this isn't really related to any of my crafting except that I've been reading WHILE I craft a whole bunch this year, but I'm thinking about talking a little about the books I read here.
I tend to focus on fiction/fantasy and lately have been into more Young Adult fiction than anything. So if some short book reviews or book recommendations are something you're interested in, let me know. I would also love to know what you are reading, leave me a comment with your book recommendations. I love adding to my Amazon Wish list and I told my husband all I want for Christmas is items off my Amazon Book wish list this year.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I just discovered your blog from the comments of The Blogess! I would love to know about what you're reading.

If you like YA, have you tried One of Us Is Lying? I couldn't put it down. It's a murder mystery told from the point-of-view of the four suspects. I am also obsessed with the Splintered series by AG Howard. It's set in the Alice in Wonderland universe, but a few generations later and with some details changed.