Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's Gonna Be an "Interesting" Day

Last night hubby and I didn't get to sleep until after midnight. We just get into that stay-up-late mode and can't get to sleep. Despite that, my eyes popped open at 5:00 am. Almost exactly at 5. Good grief. The last thing I wanted was to be up at that ungodly hour. Hubby got up at six and I bundled him off to work a couple of hours ago. (Despite what blogger says, it's almost 8:30 here not six something.)
I got up and came into the living room to the computer. I picked up my computer sock and found this:

You may not be able to see in this terrible picture but it's my Brittany needles. One of them is broken. I'm not thrilled with these needles anyway but honestly, I am very frustrated that one of them is now broken.
I've replaced it with a bamboo dpn and am continuing to knit away on these socks. This is the second of the pair and I'm starting to think they might be cursed. It is almost halloween after all. The first one took forever and as I was about ready to begin the toe decreases I realized that there was a dropped stitch at the heel. I don't know how it managed to stay in one place but something had to be done. After the sheer torture of knitting that ridiculously long foot (they're for my dad who has size 10 feet. Not so bad but much longer than my feet so it gets frustrating) I couldn't face ripping them back. I finally decided to just ladder it up, leaving a kind of tight row of stitches along the foot. I'm hoping it will block out. It was a traveling sock for awhile so I'm guessing that's how it ended up broken but it hasn't travelled anywhere for at least a couple of days so I don't know how it happened.
I'm so tired. I think I might go take a nap. Then I don't have to deal with the sock.

No comments: