Friday, August 08, 2008

So, I'm kinda shy. Haven't I mentioned that?

I don't think I have mentioned before my social ineptitude. I try, I really do but in groups of people I don't know I freeze up and I completely freak out beforehand. This makes it extremely difficult for me to make new friends as an adult. I never used to have this problem, I don't know how it snuck up on me but I do struggle with social freakout.

But, we are going to completely ignore the fact that a large part of the reason why I was up all night was because I was anxious about the upcoming knitting meetup. Yup, we're gonna ignore that completely and talk about what I got after staying up all night. Let's start with this:
This is a view of the sunrise from our living room window. Technically our window faces south but it was pretty anyway. I got hubby up and fed and off to work on time. Then I made myself a really great breakfast.

This is coffee (of course) and some whole wheat toast with some leftover garlic butter potatoes fried up nice and crispy and an omelette with tomato, avocado, sprouts and cheese inside. Yum!

Then I went to sleep. I slept most of the day but got up in enough time to get ready and get nervous about the knitting meetup. I went anyway and had some fun. Then I came home and spent a little quiet time with hubby. We watched a little TV and I made myself go to sleep.
Then we got up yesterday and I started the lengthy process of organizing my crafting area. It was actually a good thing that I didn't blog yesterday because it was not a good day. Not at all. I had an extremely frustrating day. It should have been fun, putting together my craft area but things kept falling, usually on me and I kept having to pick up the same thing again and again. It wasn't good. At all. We were busy last night anyway. We made a friend during the play whose husband we also get along with so we now have a couple with which to do things. Last night we went out to their house for dinner and games. We also played with their kids for awhile. It was really fun and great to see them.

Today was a day filled with nothing fun. Cleaning house and doing the laundry so instead I will mention these.
This is my cutie patootie hubby in his new socks. I mentioned previously that the yarn wasn't very soft and wasn't a lot of fun to knit with.
I take it all back.

I washed these today and Oh My Goodness. They are soft and subtle and smooth and beautiful now and now, I want some socks of my own with this yarn. That will probably have to wait until after Christmas though.

No comments: