Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pins and Needles

You've all probably been on pins and needles, waiting to find out if I made my ridiculous, self-imposed word count goal. Well, I did it! I was up until 2:30 in the morning and it was probably all just a conglomeration of words that didn't make a teeny tiny bit of sense towards the end there but I did get it done. It felt good too. To be about where I should be word count wise and not behind. So what did I do after that? I took Friday off. Hubby was going to go visit friends for the weekend and I thought I was going to stay home so I thought that I could take Friday off to rest my brain and then hit the computer all day Saturday and Sunday so I would more than make up for Friday. Yeah, that didn't happen. I ended up going with hubby and we had a pretty fun weekend although I didn't get ahead on word count. I did finish these:
The Specs:
The Pattern: Just the Basic Sock Recipe from this book.
The needles: US Size 2 Bamboo
The Yarn: Austermann Step Sock Yarn in Color: 4?
Intended for: My Father-In-Law for Christmas
Notes: This yarn contains Jojoba oil and aloe and is said to condition feet while they are worn. I didn't notice a ton of difference on my hands while knitting it but I changed out with several projects throughout.

Since I finished those I started a new project too.
These:

They are Monkeys knit out of stashed Sockotta yarn and are to be for my Sis-in-law for Christmas. I feel like everyone but me has knit this amazingly cute pattern from Cookie A. I actually started a pair for myself a long while ago but I frogged them because I wasn't happy with the way they were coming out.

I made a trip to the Yarn Store on our way to Willmar on Saturday too but we'll talk about that another day. What? It was for Christmas Knitting Yarn, no, really. That's all I got...pretty much.
Later!

No comments: