Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's Baaaack!

So, lately the blog content has been pretty sparse and I have to say the pictures have been worse. Well, today I found some batteries for the camera so I hope to improve the pictures but the content is pretty boring.

I've been awfully discontent with my knitting lately and I think more than anything it's because I'm kinda stressed about the whole finding a new place to live thing. It's not easy, especially when you are technically supposed to be out of the house by May 1. Anyone else notice the date? Yeah, you see the problem.

So, I vary between wanting to do nothing but sit and knit and then getting frustrated because I should be doing multiple other things and I am not. This has led to a wicked case of startitis followed by project frustration and then rapid frogging. Case in point.

The lovely Schaefer Anne Socks. I finally finished and bound off. They were too tight at the bind off so I did it again, increasing the looseness of the bind off. Still too tight. This was like a week and a half ago. I was frustrated so I put them aside and ignored them. Just pretended like they didn't exist. Yesterday, I was in the mood to knit so I thought finishing this pair of socks would help cheer me up. I took them out and did it again. On one sock. I wasn't happy with it and then the other sock started giving me some major poopy attitude so they somehow ended up to be two balls of yarn. eep.

Then I started a scarf with my SWS yarn. I think I showed you that.

I bought three skeins specifically because I wanted to make a scarf out of it. I have started and frogged it about 15 times. I just cannot be content with whatever it is I'm making. This last time I was over halfway through the first skein. Yeah, discontent.

Then there's the LuLu yarn. I don't think I've shown you this.


It's 5 skeins of an all acrylic but very soft and fuzzy yarn that I bought on clearance like 3 years ago or more. I love it, it's super soft and I want to make something that I wear against the skin but I don't know what. I have (over the years) started and ripped this multiple times but twice in one day? Not until yesterday. I thought I could make a cute little throw that I could snuggle under. Yeah, no. I started it, decided it was too big and frogged it. Then I started again, smaller and knitted it for about 3 hours and then frogged it again. I just don't know what to do.

I did manage to finish my Vanilla swirl socks but I don't have a picture. I already wore them (that's my favorite thing to do with new socks, wear them right away) and I haven't washed them yet. I didn't think you needed a picture of dirty socks, right? So I started another quick and easy pair.


They are my Knit Picks Essential Sock yarn in Ash and they are a basic toe-up ribbed sock. I love them already. They are great to knit backstage while waiting for set shifts or your cue. You know, while you're not changing costumes. :)


Well, that leaves a set of size 2 bamboo needles open doesn't it? Yeah, well, we can't have that can we? No. So, they're baaack.

I was gonna make you guess what it was but honestly, this picture is so bad, I don't think you'd be able to. So, they're Pomatomus. AAAAH! At least it gives me something fussy to knit. Keeps my mind away from the moving thing. Maybe it will help.

No comments: